Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel


     I looked at the Beautiful bright light coming from the end of the tunnel and thought, "Is this my time?  Is heaven finally close?  Do I get to go home?"  And as the light approached, it was accompanied by a great wind and a sound like thunder and I could see it more clearly.  I was trapped like a deer in the headlights, and it was another damned train and I was walloped yet again!  It seems like every time I take one-step forward I am knocked three steps backward.  I guess, C'est la vie.  
    I have had to withdraw from my classes on a medical and will not be able to return to school until, at least, Spring semester of next year. I’ve had a minor heart attack, seizures, and two minor surgeries.  However, the professor has been very kind and let me continue attending the classes, even though I am officially withdrawn.  I have begun having seizures again and the Department of Transportation has yanked my license until I have been seizure free for a period of six months.  Additionally the doctor has increased my medication which makes me very sleepy.  
     I had hoped to be getting my service dog this June.  I had watched a litter on the puppy cam that was the crayola litter.  I fell in love with a little boy named Lavendar and was determined that he was for me.   He seemed the smartest and the cutest of the litter by far.   And miracle of miracles, he was up for assignment for a team in June!  Then I went to take some pictures of the Civil War Litter, {they are with puppy raisers now so you have to wait for the next litter to watch the puppy cam, sorry}, and then train hit me again!  My sweet Lavender was excessively small for my needs and I got the news that it would be Oct. or Feb. before I was able to get a dog.  Thank goodness, I have my sweet Freckles to get me through.
     Speaking of Freckles, she is going through the certification process to be a therapy cat.  So far, I have gone through the orientation.  She is exempt from the five weeks training course because she would obviously freak out in a room full of dogs drooling for a grey and white, 5 pound, hors d'oeuvre.  All she needs now is two home visits, but they do have to have a dog come with them.  I don’t think it makes a lot of sense in my particular situation, but they are the rules.
     I recently lost my digital camera so I borrowed the money from my dad to get a great Nikon digital SLR 14.1 mp with an 18-50 lens and another 70-300 lens!  {That’s just for you photography geeks}  For those of you who don’t speak camera just understand that it is a very good camera and I got it at a very great price.  Of course, I could justify the expense because I was taking the photography course.  Then I took the pictures of the SSD puppies.  Sure enough, the train walloped me again!  Every picture was blurred.  I went to the camera shop to see why such an expensive camera took blurry photos.  It turns out that my eyes cannot focus and the camera is useless.  Would anyone like to buy a nearly new Nikon? 
      Nevertheless, I am going to continue working on restoring the old pictures I have, cleaning up the newer ones, making photos and note cards on, Photo Shop, to sell.  After I sell the Nikon I’ll be getting a less expensive Sony point and shoot digital.  It was a Sony digital that I had lost and I was very satisfied with it.  I have so many projects to do and I’m not sure how many I can accomplish.  You know how it is when you have a great deal of time, it seems to fly and suddenly it’s gone.  But, maybe I will be able to do a little better job of keeping up with this blog.
I would like to keep posting pictures.  I would appreciate your feedback of them.  I’m talking honest feedback.  Remember, My feelings won’t be hurt.  Your comments may give me a way of looking at something in a way I hadn’t seen before.  If your taste is different than mine, I may just take that into consideration.  At some point, I would like to make a book, probably with Adorama. Kodak, Snapfish, J & D album, or Qoop.  Maybe one with Max or my new dog, my family, B/W artsy stuff, possibly a study of nudes, or with poetry accompanying.  When I do, I can probably post it online and give you a link here to see it.
     Well, It’s 3:30 in the morning and I need to get some sleep.  So, That’s where I am.  Still the crazy old lady with a cat, no dog, no school, no license, and that damned train keeps smacking me down.  Oh yes! I forgot.  I have to upload at least something.  Let me see what I can find, even if it’s not cleaned up.  Good night, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've been busy! I wish things were going better for you! get some sleep mom! love you and happy Easter

    ReplyDelete