Friday, March 18, 2011

Hi Everybody!

Hello There: I'm Pat's friend Larry who got her started on this type of thing. I'm very honored she's letting me post this for you!  you can find out more about me by clicking the link to my own blog at: http://poeticconversations.blogspot.com/  or through my poetry which I'll post a sample of in a minute.  I first met Pat at a poetry reading a while back ( she'd kill me if I said how long ago it was!)  and we've become very close since. I will say that I've been writing poetry professional for 17 years now and have known Pat for the majority of that time. I'm glad she's let me guest blog here .  So, for your enrichment and enjoyment  please allow me to present a poem called " Four Thousand Year's Ago"    which is actually a rewrite of one of my standards called " The Crack Baby's Prayer" and I find it personally more timely than the orgianal. so much so it has replaced it in my performance repertoire. now here's the poem:
Four Thousand Years Ago   
by "Laughing" Larry Berger    

Four thousand years ago
The Nile ran red.
Red with the blood of a people 
yearning for freedom.
Five hundred years ago
The Hudson ran red!
Red with the blood of a people losing their homes
to the new kids on the block!
Twenty years ago 
Los Angeles burned.
Burned with the fires of injustice
of promises to long left unkept!
Last month
Egypt burned
burned with the fires of liberation
of the dawn of a new Era 
starting with the first bloodless 
Revolution the world has ever seen!

Four thousand years ago the Nile ran red.
What color will it run for me?

Neat huh?

Oh yeah, before I forget I have the third edition of my book out. It's called : Instant Poetry Just Add Words!)  and here's the link to the Amazon page if you'd like to get a copy:

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Poetry-Just-Add-Words/dp/1450255523/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296114461&sr=1-1


Thanks for taking the time to read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment